Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy B'Day to Me!

Traditionally, my birthday is spent out of town as it is so close to Labor Day weekend. This year, due to the upcoming trip to Syracuse University, we opted for a local event. I say event because my birth celebration is usually more than a day. Kimberly, my co-hort, calls it a birthday week. On big years, maybe a birthday month. And that is NOT because I am self-indulgent (LOL), it is because I have LOTS of great friends and this gives me many excuses to spent time with each of them in September. 

I went with a low key plan. My couz Cheryl, my hubby and kid planned an intimate dinner party at Cheryl's house to mark the birthdays of the September kids in the ABCT quartet (that's the Aberbach's, Bolebruch's, Cushing's, Thirtyacre's). We had an extra couple this year, Jodi and Paul, who are dear friends of our T contingiency - we will always give a new couple a chance to see if they can tough it out at one of our gatherings.

Fine dining - filet mignon, shrimp scampi, spagetti and clams (my choice), tomato and mozzerella, yummy yummy. And fine friends too. What else could a girl want on her birthday? Today is the actual day of my birth, and due to the progression from the dinner table to the living room where Vicki got the ball rolling with a little Hammer time video reinactment, I canceled the family coffee and cake tonight. I think I should have said no to that last double espresso vodka I shared with the girls.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mare!! Hope you had a wonderful day/week!!
Love Dawn and Todd

Anonymous said...

Well, this one I can honestly say brought a tear to my eye. We have been together for 42 years. Every smile and every tear have been shared with you. It has been my greatest honor to have been a part of most of your biggest moments in this life time. May our Blessed relationship continue to have lots of Love and laughter. You are one of the most amazing women I have ever known. Keep sharing your magnificent moments of your journey. They are exciting to be a part of.

Marianne Cushing said...

Thanks Anonymous. I think I have a suspicion who you are. ; )