Saturday, February 14, 2009

Trip Down Memory Lane

Fun Fact: Facebook, the number one social networking site with over 150 million users, experienced a 276% rise in its 35-54 year old demographic in the last six months alone. I am part of this revolution in communication. This is a forum where we can find friends, reconnect, keep in touch, and share our personal lives with many at once. What a gift! 

I have been blessed to have reconnected with my two longest friends from elementary school, Christine and Carmella. It happened about 5 years ago as a result of one of the first social networking sites, classmates.com. And with much prodding, I recently got them both on Facebook. Now to work on Dawn.

So, Mella, the queen of high school reunions, has started a FB group for the John  Jay Class of 1984 (yes, you can do the math on me). This has started the phenomena of finding old photos and posting them. My most recent contribution are these photos from the 20 year reunion a few years ago. As you can see, I am very experimental with my hair color. 

This reunion was awesome, because not only did I get to spend time with Chris and Mel and their wonderful husbands, but our childhood group from "the neighborhood" converged (Dutchess Park, that is). And, to top it off, one schoolmate brought her 6th grade class photo, and we realized many of us were in that class together. So the very large picture are the kids from Mr. Safford's 6th grade class at Brinkerhoff Elementary in Fishkill, New York. What a trip!

P.S. Another Fun Fact: Classmates Dawn Rendi and Todd Perri "hooked up" at the reunion and made a return visit a couple years later to the location of the event to tie the knot!




No comments: