Friday, June 12, 2009

Anniversary on Anna Maria

I started this blog last Spring, just after my 20 year wedding anniversary trip to Charleston. This is blog post number 89, and it's about my 21st anniversary trip to Anna Maria Island. We went with Christine and Mike Bolebruch, our oldest friends in Florida (longest, not actually oldest). We met them shortly after we moved here, we were newlyweds and they were married a year. We have had countless good times with them over the years - both at home and on the road, including Marco Island, New Orleans and Vegas, to name a few.

It was a perfect trip for an anniversary, a quaint island only 7.5 miles long with 3 fishing piers and beautiful white sand beaches with the most Caribbean blue water. We explored the piers, shopped at my favorite Sanddollar and Ginny and Jane E's, swam in the pool and the ocean, and bicycled to Longboat Key. We saw two incredible sunsets and the guys took turns cooking dinners under the pergola next to our cottages. We stayed at Tradewinds Resort, a sister property to my favorite Tortuga. My first time staying there and I loved it. The cottages are adorable and convenient. The pool, which overlooks the bay, was literally 10 steps from our door.

This post wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention food. Gene did steaks on the barbie the first night, and Mike did shrimp, tuna and mussels the second. For lunch, I had my new favorite sandwich at Bridge Tenders on historic Bridge Street, a blackened grouper reuben, and black bean chili at Cha Cha Coconuts in St. Armand's Circle. Overall, the weekend was perfect, just like my marriage.

Ok, you can laugh now.































4 comments:

christine B said...

My favorite blog yet! We had a wonderful weekend with our wonderful friends. Thank You. You guys are the best.

Anonymous said...

Great blog Mare. I'm so glad you let us all know about it. I've bookmarked you so I can read your posts with regularity. Take care, cuz.

AMI Resorts said...

Awesome blog... great info! :-)

Marianne Cushing said...

AMI Resorts...it's always a great stay at your properties!