Thursday, October 23, 2008

Another Excuse for NYC

I know, I know. I always talk about NYC. Well, it's my blog and I can write if I want to, write if I want to. Yesterday I received the "unofficial" news that my agency will be receiving five international awards this year from the largest tourism organization in the world, Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International. This brings us to 30 of these "Adrian" awards to date. This year's winnings are the most we have ever won in a single year. What does all this mean, you ask?

It means we get another excuse to go to my FAVE city... Manhattan!!! It's in January at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. In years past, we have stayed in various locales, from Park Avenue to Grand Central to upper East side. The most convenient, however, is to stay right at the Marriott, so we only have to take the elevator to our room after the banquet. It makes up for the crazed tourists all over TS. The rotating bar for a nightcap is a nice ending too.

The planning is just beginning and the wheels are already spinning. Haven't been to Angelo's in a while (Lil Italy), and I would LOVE to have lunch with my Bro-in-law at Mark Joseph (I can taste the steak melting in my mouth), and that cute little inexpensive sushi joint, Blu Chili may see me again too. Aside from food, what do I want this year? Definitely a visit with some of the local Chi Omega sistahs, a return visit to the Met with my partner in crime Kimberly, maybe a stop at Swarovski's at Rock Center, and perhaps something I've never done before. What could that be?

I've done the Museum of Natural History, Met and MOMA, done SoHo and the village, done 5th ave, done Chinatown, done Central Park, done Wall Street, done Top of the Rock and the Empire State Bldg, done Rockefeller Center and the Today Show, done South Street Seaport, done Union Square, done Mama Mia, Producers, Wicked and Hairspray, done Frederick Fekkai's (spa). I've stayed away from the Statue cuz it's cold in January and have yet to bring myself to Ground Zero. Anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mare where's that site you told me to go to for the contest?
Take me to NY with you !!!
xoxo,
NJ

Marianne Cushing said...

www.floridasgulfislands.com by Nov 15th

xoxo