Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh Natural Florida

The little secret gem that my agency has the privilege of marketing is Florida's Gulf Islands. I have posted about this destination before, and this, my friends, will not be my last by a long shot. In fact, I am past due to post pictures and anecdotes from my daughter's 17th birthday trip this month. However, I am bursting at the seams (not only from Christmas goodies) to tell you to order one of the 2009 Visitors Guide that yours truly and her talented cohorts produced. The book is environmentally friendly, printed on recycled FSC certified paper, and promotes the authentic, old Florida experience of Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch.

And, the cover shot is of our web marketing partner, Jennifer Barbee's, precious daughters discovering a baby sea turtle on the beach. SO adorable.

Go to www.FloridasGulfIslands.com and order your very own (or be green and view it online).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! That is an incredible shot. It seems like you're very familiar with southwest florida - do you have any suggestions on beautiful places to shoot in the region?

I produce a high definition video podcast called Scene from Florida (http://scenefromflorida.com), and while my focus has been on Northeast Florida so far, I'm looking to expand coverage statewide over the course of the year. Thanks for any ideas! -Jeff

Marianne Cushing said...

Thanks Jeff! I reside in Fort Myers in Lee County, and there are some beautiful, tropical places to shoot here - like Sanibel and Captiva Islands. In Manatee County, which is where the turtle shot came from, Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key are simply stunning, and the water is Caribbean blue. I would definitely recommend a visit to our coast, you will love it.