Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer Trip Tik Day #11

While the gang went kayaking, the kid and I headed out for a mommy-daughter day. By the time we got to Camden, we were ready for lunch. Even after the clambake yesterday, I was not finished with my seafood fest. I chose a cup of chowda and a lobsta roll at the harborside restaurant, Waterfront. Taryn had a cup too, but chose the mussels appetizer for her meal, which yielded so many mussels we took a couple dozen home for evening appetizers. The food was delicious and the service friendly. We browsed the few remaining shops we missed the other day and I bought Taryn a dress.



Afterwards, we decided to take the 30 minute drive to Belfast. We passed numerous antique shops and motor inns by the sea and cruised through the small towns of Lincolnville, Northport and Duck Head. Once in Belfast, we were a little surprised at the town. I don’t know exactly how to describe it – with its somewhat run down brick buildings, shipyard, and eclectic artist studios combined with some giftshops and dining establishments. It may have been the 98 degree day that made it less than appealing to me – not sure.









The cure - a deluxe pedicure at the salon we found along the ride back into Rockland. Noone ever said traveling didn’t have its ups and downs! Tonight, dinner was simple but satisfying. Grilled chicken, summer squash, zucchini, and mushrooms with roasted red potatoes, the mussels from lunch and my famous artichoke dip.


No comments: