Sunday, May 25, 2008

Small Gestures Mean Alot

I was thinking about typing the next journal entry I wrote from our trip to Charleston, and I remembered the special gesture the Governors House made for our anniversary. They had made reservations for us at a restaurant called Slightly North of Broad, commonly known as SNOB (which, incidentally I heard they also own another called South of Broad - SOB). Upon being seated and then greeted by a very friendly waitress, who happened to remind us of my college pal Gwen, we were congratulated with two glasses of champagne compliments of the Governors House. Awwww! 

This isn't the first time we had been on a special occasion trip (my agency calls this niche "Splurge Travel") and been touched by the extra efforts of a hospitality professional. On our ten year anniversary, we arrived at the airport without my husband knowing where we were headed. When the airline employee at check-in asked him what his destination was and he said had no idea because it was a surprise (thanks to my biz partner Kimberly), she was so touched she upgraded us to first class! In Taos at the abode style bed & breakfast, the young lady Consuela - 17 year old girlfriend of the owners' son, secretly placed a homemade carrot cake on our dresser for us to find after a day exploring.

These gestures, some small and some large, all happen to make a huge impact, and I hope I always take the extra time to thank the people and businesses for their gestures. It makes for special moments that burn a memory in my heart.

No comments: