Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Baby Meet and Greet

We are starting to count the days until our road trip to Maine. 10 days and counting. We will be stopping in good 'ole Dutchess County for a couple days before our vacation rental is ready in Owls Head, Maine. First order of business will be pizza night at my sister-in-law Lynne's, where she has agreed to host a baby meet and greet for us so we can see the new crop of bambinos. 

Of Gene's 3 dearest childhood friends, 2 of them have just added new family members. First to the home plate was Rob Wilson and wife Carol, who, along with big sissy Ella, welcomed Connor on January 30th. Next up, Nick Mastrantuono, who's wife Francine gave birth to baby Jamie Joan on April 8th. Jamie joins older sister Shea, and much older siblings Shannon and Nick. In May, our nephew Buddy and his domestic partner Lisa were the youngest to make the plunge, with their first little girl Skyler. I know what you are thinking, I look way too young to be a great aunt! And for my John Jay pals out there, this is the grandchild of my sister-in-law Kim Cushing!!!!

Last night, I attended the 11th birthday dinner of my Godson, Nathan, and afterwards, Taryn and I stayed up for a little mommy/daughter gab session until about midnight. Today I feel like I've been run over by a mack truck. So the thought of night time feedings, baby strollers, car seats, diapers, and rattles is exhausting! To the young parents I say, "Good thing you're doing this now." To the more seasoned parents I say, "I'm duly impressed!"

Nick, Baby Jamie, Shea and Fran Mastrantuono

Baby Skyler, definitely has the Cushing "look"!!

Robert and Connor Wilson

No comments: