Saturday, June 7, 2008

Have Dogs Will Travel

This morning, I was on the floor playing fetch with Taryn’s chihuahua Cheyenne while she enjoyed her first day of summer. It occurred to me that when we head to Maine later this month, we need to remember to pack Cheyenne her toys. Then I started adding up all the items she would need – like the little blue coat we bought her for chilly Maine nights; her assortment of favorite toys including her beanie chihuahua, her whale, her stuffed bones, and her cheerleading bear; her puppy food; her leash and harness; her travel carrier; her sleeping cage; and her kitty cat bed, to name a few. Is it true that even girl doggies over pack? 

For goodness sake, Cheyenne would need her very own suitcase! So much for trying to travel light this year. When Taryn woke up (at 11a.m.), she and I found a little kiddie suitcase in her closet for her little princess to use. It was designer chic with a purple zebra pattern. We placed it on the bed and began assembling Chey’s loot. She wasn’t thrilled with the trying on of the organic dress or the new coat, and she was especially not happy with her play things being put in that big 'ole box of ours!

So she painstakingly removed them from the bag and dragged them to the other side of the bed where she practically sat on them to keep us away. From one woman to another, I completely got her point. I guess we’ll have to wait till the night before.


Hey, what're ya doing with my toys?

No one puts Baby's stuff in the suitcase, no one!

That's MY bone!

I got it.

This one is Isaac Mizrahi!

I'll save you, brother!

Mom, get this stupid coat off me.

Wow, this packing business is exhausting!

No comments: