Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Trip Tik Day #2

Day Two was all about getting to New York and the home of my in-laws in Wappingers Falls. A shout out to Paul at home, who not only was right about the Red Roof Inn not being a bad stop over, but magically got my email working this morning just by being on the phone (whatever). It only took 2 exits around Richmond VA to find a hotel we could sleep in without being afraid. Note to self: with 3 bikes and 2 dogs, you need a place with exterior rooms and a room on the first floor. 

We suffered through the day of driving and were all extremely relieved to arrive in town by about 1:30pm Sunday. At 3pm, the family began arriving for an afternoon bbq. We met our new grand niece Skylar and our friends Rob & Carol's son, Connor. All Gene's siblings came over with kids in tow, and Gene unveiled the stained glass window of the lighthouse he made for his mother (thanks Casola Stained Glass!). I got thrown in the pool by Skylar's daddy, my nephew Buddy, and his mom Kim beat me in a pool race. Gene and Gary decided they were too old and creaky to avenge me and put Buddy in. Boy how times have changed. Angel, the resident chihuahua, was kind enough to share her territory with Elliot and Cheyenne. In fact, I'm thinking she's quite smitten with Elliot. We wrapped up the day with the obligatory game of Yatzee, where I reigned supreme. My sister-in-law Lynne was trying to cheat and "borrow" rolls from her kids. Thanks, family, for a nice homecoming.

















No comments: