Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It Wouldn't Mean Anything

I'm taking a few minutes out of the regularly scheduled travel programming to send some love out to my hubby of two decades, Gene. I mentioned a couple posts ago about an episode in the emergency room related to Gene's heart. His mini-vaca at Healthpark Hospital yielded a couple EKG's, a few rounds of chest x-rays, multiple blood tests, a stress test and ultimately a Cardiac Catheterization. The result, a diagnosis of an electrical issue to be treated with medication for irregular heartbeat. The future plan, for Gene to wear a Holter heart monitor for a week and if the problems continue, they will schedule a different kind of heart test called an Electrophysiology Study.

The bigger prognosis for our family is the occasional crippling feeling of fear. Last night, a couple of dizzy spells led to a mini-breakdown in emotions, in which we all experienced the realization of how truly devastated we would be if something were to happen to Gene. This is a fear I am all too familiar with, having grown up with a sick father. All the spectacular destinations around the world we love to discover would mean nothing to me without my life partner. 

On a positive note, I believe our love, our faith and our friends can carry us through those scary moments. Moreover, life is meant to be seized and enjoyed to its fullest. It's the moments of fear in our lives that give us the most incredible gift of all, the ability to cherish life. 

I luv you buddy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On a personal note, as your biggest fan and on behalf of my entire family, we are glad to hear that Hazel is doing well. The love that you both share is admired and appreciated by all. You both definitely have an amazing partnership.